Sunday, October 08, 2006

Torchwood premiere tickets up for grabs

Yet more exciting news to wrap up this totally Torchwood weekend. We have had about 8000 hits in the last 48 hours, I'd say people are starting to get a touch of the torch-fever.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v492/MacGuffin3/torchwood09di2.jpg

On Wednesday October 18th Torchwood's first episode will be shown in HD at four cinemas across the UK. Public tickets to these screenings will be drawn from people over 16yo who are able to email the answer of a Torchwood question to BBC7 radio. The email address to write to is bbc7@bbc.co.uk and the subject heading needs to be: Torchwood.

The question is a tricky one, "Which actor plays Captain Jack Harkness?" After you have stretched your brain around that one, send the answer in the body of your message along with the location where you would like to see the screening. The choices are London, Cardiff, Glasgow and Manchester. You can listen to the radio announcement of the contest here. Go to the 30 minute mark of a clip called Fear on Four.

Remember if you win, you will be sure to remember who told you about this first and send us your full review that night.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've entered , and put down Cardiff.

I'm thinking that since the Dr Who Crew are presently still working on Season 3 there's more likelyhood the actors/writers will be at that one rather than the London one... (maybe...)
Mad Martha

Anonymous said...

I entered even though I don't even live in the UK. But it'll air in my autumn break, so it wouldn't be a problem at all to travel to London then...

Anthony Garnon said...

Well, I submitted Manchester - which is around five minutes away from my house! I hear Russell T Davies lives in Manchester too...Should we expect a visit?

Anonymous said...

Noel comes to the London premiere. That's my guess.

Anonymous said...

Argh, got my weeks wrong, at home next week so I would be able to go.

Didn't enter till mid-afternoon, probably far too late.

Anonymous said...

torchwood is the best the action the aliens both series are fantastic