Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Welsh Spike

Now this is kinda exciting, because I love Joss Whedon's "Buffyverse" and every single damn character within it (well maybe not Riley Finn, but he's the exception that proves the rule - so there). Of them all though the one character that always stood out in my mind as a firm favourite was Spike the vampire, as played by James Marsters.

Spike appeared on both "Buffy" and "Angel", so Marsters is no stranger to cult series. He's also appeared regularly in the pre-Superman series "Smallville". Now it seems that Marsters is heading on over to Britain (or more precisely Cardiff) to film an appearence in a second season episode of, you guessed it... Torchwood! James Marsters is appearing in Torchwood!!! (So says this site)

JAMES MARSTERS IN TORCHWOOD!!!

Wait one moment; I'm just picking my jaw up off of the floor...

I've no other information on what form this cameo appearence will take, or what episodes he'll be appearing in. Hell, there isn't even official confirmation of his guest star role as of yet - but any fellow Buffyverse fans will agree with me that the prospect of Marsters in Torchwood is exciting indeed. Personally, I think he'd nail the role of a young Bilis Manger...

"No you don't; but thanks for saying it"

9 comments:

Patsie said...

When James was in the UK for collectormania last month, he saw Lazarus Expermient on tv and loved it. His UK agent said talk to Anthony Head, who was also at the convention and he put James in contact with Russell. It must have been a good meeting, if that is the result of it. =D

Anonymous said...

That's pretty cool news. Marsters nailed the english accent for Spike, you reckon he'll attempt a welsh one?

Haha, imagine Spike only with a thick Valleys accent!

Jenny J. said...

This may be just what I need to get my Buffy-fan friends into watching Torchwood!

Looking forward to it :D

Sailor Cadia said...

OMG! SPIKE IN TORCHWOOD!! (Have I died and gone to heaven?... naw, unfortunately there are still wars... but still OMGFBBQ)!! I am just full of glee now, I'm absolutely buzzing.

SPIKE!!! IN TORCHWOOD!!

Anonymous said...

i'm now planning on making a trip to Cardiff because of this

the Torchwood team and James Marsters

Anonymous said...

EP 1 SEPERATION ANXIETY
EP 2 SLEEPER
EP 3 TO THE LAST MAN
EP 4 ANOTHER WORKING DAY
EP 5 ADAM
EP 6 RESET
EP 7 DEATH COMES TO TORCHWOOD..

NEXT 6 TO FOLLOW..... IF I HAVEN'T BEEN CAUGHT OUT BY THEN.... :)

Anonymous said...

JACKHARKNESS?? YOU KNOW THE ABOVE TO BE CORRECT...
THESE DETAILS COME STRAIGHT FROM bbcinsider and xXx - BOTH USED TO BLOG ON YOUR SITE REGULARLY.. MY NAME IS BRYN..

Anonymous said...

I'd feel a tad more convinced if that correspondent could spell separation.

N said...

Oh.. my...God!
I think my jaw just touched the ground..