Thursday, April 17, 2008

Tid-bits from Captain Jack and Martha

Ant wasn't the only one on holiday... As the Torchwood news in the US was basically the same as the UK, I found myself with little new material to report on... until now... Enjoy!
-Tremas

You know, you have to worry about lawyers sometimes... For rights reasons, the commentary track for "Last of the Time Lords" was left off of the US release of the Doctor Who Season boxed set. However, our friends at BBC America have taken are of us Yanks by offering the commentary via download:

"Doctor Who stars David Tennant, Freema Agyeman, and John Barrowman give you an insider's guide to this season's finale in our audio commentary. And you won't find this on any U.S. DVD - you can listen to it EXCLUSIVELY on BBCAMERICA.com.

During the finale on Saturday, April 19th at 7 pm et/pt, log on to BBCAMERICA.com and listen along in real-time as you watch. Be sure to pause during commercials! The audio file is also available for download - for free!"

While surely "Who-centric," the content does talk about Torchwood here and there... Amongst tales of how The Master was tortured with stubble burns, they also explain the technical need to "break" Capt. Jack's time watch amongst other juicy tid-bits.

Where does one get this amazing gem of Whovian lore you ask? Click Right Here and ye shall recieve.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just want to randomly remind everyone about Collectormania in Milton Keynes next weekend (Friday 2nd-Monday4th). James is there Saturday, Sunday, Monday. And John Barrowman himself is there Sunday :D

And this weekend at The Rift, Kai Owen's going to be there too. Wish i was going....

And, there's going to be another convention in October (17th-19th). It's in Northampton. Tickets are £78 (includes autographs and parties and stuff). So far, only Naoko has been announced.

Toodles :)
x-Spring-x

Anonymous said...

Eve will be at Collectormania also, on Sunday.

IM NOT THERE SUNDAY!!! *cries*

Anonymous said...

ALL OF YOU WHO HAVE BEEN ON THIS SITE PREVIOUS AND ON TORCHWOODPR WILL REMEMBER THAT I HAVE ALWAYS GIVEN YOU INSIDER INFORMATION STRAIGHT FROM THE SET. THE TRUTH, THE WHOLE TRUTH AND NOTHING BUT THE TRUTH... SO HERE'S A SCOOP THAT WILL LEAVE YOU ALL IN DEEPEST SHOCK!!

TORCHWOOD HAS NOT BEEN
RE-COMMISSIONED.

I REPEAT.

TORCHWOOD IS NO MORE.

THE BBC HAVE PULLED THE PLUG AFTER ALSO AGREEING THAT DR WHO WILL TAKE A YEAR'S BREAK AND COME BACK IN 2010 WHEN CAPT JACK MAY OR MAY NOT (DEPENDS ON JB SCHEDULE) BE BACK IN DR WHO.

I'M SURE I DON'T HAVE TO TELL YOU THAT WE ARE ALL IN DEEP SHOCK, BUT ONCE AGAIN IT COMES DOWN TO THE HEADS OF DEPARTMENT AND GREEDY EXECS OVERSPENDING ON THEMSELVES AND SPOILING IT FOR EVERYONE ELSE...

WE'RE SO SORRY..
BBCINSIDER

Anonymous said...

I think someone is taking the piss. I was at one of JB's concerts and he said "I am signed up series 3 possibly 4. I know who I believe!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

OK as reported by me two weeks ago and disputed by many - let me again tell you that we have seen the last series of TORCHWOOD.
Now let me fill you all in on the latest news... Richard Stokes' departure must have given you all some clue after all...
It seems that cos of JBs hectic schedule - Torchwood has finished for now in its present state. What will be filmed however, and later than normal, are 5 stand alone episodes. AND THEN THAT WILL BE IT !!!
bbc insider.
My word is true - honest! I work in the BBC Drama dept.

Anonymous said...

OK as reported by me two weeks ago and disputed by many - let me again tell you that we have seen the last series of TORCHWOOD.
Now let me fill you all in on the latest news... Richard Stokes' departure must have given you all some clue after all...
It seems that cos of JBs hectic schedule - Torchwood has finished for now in its present state. What will be filmed however, and later than normal, are 5 stand alone episodes. AND THEN THAT WILL BE IT !!!
bbc insider.
My word is true - honest! I work in the BBC Drama dept.