Saturday, June 24, 2006

The Rise Of Torchwood!

AND SO IT BEGINS...

Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!

I think that sums up how I'm feeling right now, because, at the conclusion of "Fear Her", the eleventh episode of Doctror Who, I've just seen a one minute preview of "Army of Ghosts", and what I've seen couldn't possibly be better. Rose's finale. Cybermen. Oh, and Torchwood too. Because next week the cat's out of the bag (instead of the cat being in the box, as was the case in "Fear Her"!).

Besides the preview, the BBC site has the latest TARDISODE online - and it's totally dedicated to the Torchwood Institute! You can check it out here. For those of you who have already seen it, I have one question: The folk at Torchwood don't seem very nice, do they?!?

Anyway, next week's Doctor Who Confidental goes behind the scenes of filming on Torchwood season one, and it explores what the series is, and how different it will be compared to Doctor Who. So, expect a few clips from the series...and maybe even a chat with John and company too! At last, this is your first opportunity to see Torchwood in depth! Result!!!

So, a brilliant week ahead for all us fans, because at long, long last, after months of waiting, everything's coming together nicely.

Brace yourselves.

The rise of Torchwood has started.

7 comments:

Abs0n said...

wow! I really can't wait! this is going to be amazing! I'll have a challenge over the next two weeks to stop myself crying becauseof how emotional the episodes look.

So then, what do we think? Does Captain Jack return for a few minutes of Doomsday or not?

Reconstructive Criticism said...

eek!!! Fantastic! Sounds like they don't like snooping very much, possibly why they needed a bunker in middle of nowhere (using the geographic landforms of the canyons and desert to help thud radio signals of the alien techology :P), Utah for von statten?

Anonymous said...

I've seen it earlier tonight as well. A fantastic episode I thought, exciting, scary and moving. The entire season has been one hell of a ride, and now everything is really coming together.

Unfortunately, we don't get BBC3 here in Belgium - stupid license and copyright nonsense probably - and I don't know how I'll cope. I've read a rumour they'd be airing on 1 as well though. I so hope there will only be the one week difference then.

Nothing is going to keep me away from the screen come Saturday next at 8!

Anonymous said...

I swear I saw a Dalek's weapon shot in the preview for the next episode also. Perhaps the Daleks will make a return also in some shape or form. Perhaps the ghosts take the image of some of the Doctor's enemies...

Abs0n said...

That's what I thought but it was confirmed by Russell T. Davues a while back that the Daleks would not make an apperance in this series :-(

Anonymous said...

I like the trailer. I'm curious to know if the troops that surrounded the TARDIS are Torchwoods little army or just affiliated. They had a 'T ' on their helmets.

I dunno if Jack will make an appearance. Probably be a flashback or something i.e. already seen footage.

Drew Shiel said...

I'm not a betting man, but if I was, my money would be on at least a brief cameo. Torchwood are currently being painted as bad guys, and I can't see that being held through for the eponymous series.