Friday, July 14, 2006

A job for the plumber

Torchwood seems to be leak-free of late. The dripping faucet of news and gossip we were getting early on in production has been plugged up. I suppose I can't say that's a bad thing, but we're not even getting any coverage at all in any media that we can point you to these days. There was this brief report on OG last week, but other than that you wouldn't even know the show was a few months away from premiering.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v492/MacGuffin3/DWConfidential2x12-00251.jpg
Source:http://torchwood.time-and-space.co.uk/

Coverage, even if it is on the leaky side, will at least get some publicity for the new spinoff. Yes, I'm sure the Beeb has a calendar in hand with all the Torchwood promos all planned out, but I find it odd that it was easier for me to come up with posts about the show last October than it is now! Now that publicity for WHO Season 28 is finished, let's hope the team is hard at work on the "Jack's Back!" campaign. (or preferably something a bit more clever)

If they are doing their job there really is no reason why a silly blog like this should still be in the top 5 of a Google web search of a major TV show like Torchwood!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't worry, Kurly, you've given us loads of news here. Only a week ago (july 7), jackharkness posted a ton of stuff up. And IIRC there was precious little fanfare for Doctor Who's season 1 premiere until about 3 weeks before it aired. Then with a week to go, you couldn't miss it. You're doing great work. Lovely pic of Eve on set, too!

Anthony Garnon said...

Top 5! I'm worthy at last! :P

curls said...

Actually I haven't done much of anything torchwood-wise the past few months. Thank jh for keeping you up to date.

I have been so busy I have only seen most of the episodes in this year's WHO season a mere one time each! (Well all the time in the world, wouldn't get me to watch Love & Monsters a second time)

Abs0n said...

Wow! Top 5! :-D Hopefully this place will stay there!

I think that the Love & Monsters episode was one of those marmite ones, wasn't it? (For those of you that don't know what i'm talking about, i mean that you either love it or you hate it!)

I liked it the first time but then i found it quite annoying the second time through!

Anonymous said...

Eh. I wish they'd leak more... at least give us promos darn it! Or pics! Screen caps... ANYTHING! *sigh* Thanks so much for this website. I check it all the time. ^^