Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Come Visit Woodieland

The Wales Tourist Board is predicting the masses will be heading to Cardiff soon to pose for pictures in front of the Millennium Center and hunt down all of the locations 'as seen on TV' in Torchwood.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v492/MacGuffin3/1x01EverythingChanges-00745.jpg

So I will pose the question: Do you think the secret entrance to the Hub in front of the water tower will become more popular than Big Ben with the tourists soon? Has Torchwood encouraged you to change your vacation plans? Feel free to comment if you will be backpacking it to the Basin.

And in your daily online Torchwood news roundup: The links today are too numerous to share (about a dozen reporting how the show broke the digital ratings record) but of particular interest is a very long analysis of the show in the Gay publication AfterElton, two great interviews with Eve Myles in Irish Developer and SFX, and finally the Stage has a nice roundup of posted reviews of episodes 1 & 2 across the blogosphere.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Te he, i think people will be going there alot more. Its funny to me as i go down the bay all the time. Did you know if you look carefully enough you can still see the tape marking out where to put the TARDIS for continuity and all?
Anyway, it seems lots of people are going to be floaking there. Wonder if they will open a Torchwood exhibition like the Doctor Who one over the road from the bay. Its in the Red dragon place.

Anonymous said...

icWales are a year behind, we ran this story last November ;-)

I won't post the link as I hate spamming other people's sites!

Anonymous said...

From Paris, France : I downloaded Torchwood 1 & 2 to see what it would be like and I reckon that Cardiff looks as one hell of a nice city on it ! All these contemporary buildings and roofs look fantastic, seen from above. No doubt I will add Cardiff to my list of places to visit in the near future, thanks to Torchwood ! ;-)

Anonymous said...

I've got a picture of me sitting on the 'magic step' from when I visited Cardiff in the summer. It caused much amusement from me when I saw the episode at the screening.