Sunday, December 03, 2006

All About Suzie

This past week has dragged on; never looking like it's ever going to end. I've kept myself busy of course, writing Sarah-Jane.TV and Film-21, but the fact remains - I'm so excited by tonight's episode of Torchwood that I've been counting down the days. Why? Well, Suzie Costello is back of course!


The character was one of the many, many jewels of the Torchwood pilot, "Everything Changes." Months ago, our BBC source, the ever enigmatic Chula, told me about Suzie's death - so I wasn't exactly surprised when she did eventually die. But I didn't know she was coming back until the spoiler title was released (because Chula went all quiet on us - damn him!) I now have no idea what's going to happen in "They Keep Killing Suzie" - the first time all series that's happened!

Watching tonight is going to be a surreal experience then. Not only am I welcoming back a fantastic character (and actor too, in the brilliant Indira Varma) but I won't be predicting what's around the next corner. And in the process, won't be annoying my girlfriend either! So bring on "They Keep Killing Suzie" - my first proper episode of Torchwood. I can't wait.

"They Keep Killing Suzie" airs on BBC Three at 10pm tonight, or BBC Two on Wedsnesday @ 9pm.

Also the title of next week's episode has officially been changed to Random Shoes. Enjoy tonight's show - and I'll see you all in our friendly chat room afterwards...

MAJOR UPDATE: Look what I found, a gallery of wallpaper-size images for forthcoming Torchwood episodes on Sparklies.org! It's viewable here, it includes some promo shots from "They Keep Killing Suzie", "Invisible Eugene" and "Out of Time". Check me out! *genius or what?*

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

SING ALONG (to the tune of "I want candy.")

I want Suzie,
I want Suzie,
IIIIIII WANT SUZIE!!!(song finishes)

I wonder if Suzie will remain as a main character or if she will die AGAIN.

And going by the title, Team Torchwood do the following:

BRING SUZIE BACK TO LIFE
KILL SUZIE
BRING SUZIE BACK TO LIFE
KILL SUZIE

Tee-Hee.

Anonymous said...

why would you use photobucket on here when your blogspot will host it? I'm saying this because the image had a delay when I opened your page. Anywho looking forward to more new doctor who.

Anonymous said...

I may be going nuts but under Suzie's pictures on the Torchwood extranet (see the links list on the side of this blog) there is one of her with four other people. The only oe of the people I recgonise aside fro Indira Varma is an actress named Holly Aird. Now, Holly starred in a BBC tv series called Waking the Dead- an apt connection given the subject matter of last night's episode. Even if unintentional it raised a smile with me!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the link to Sparklies! I am the webmaster there :D

Captain Rudy hartless said...

i think im going nuts after reading CharlieUnderWater said i went to the site and they locked suzie's profile does anyone know why

Captain Rudy Heartless said...

http://www.sequence.co.uk/torchwood/index.htm go here and click case file one and locate suzie shes locked