Thursday, March 01, 2007

2007...2008 (I'm Confused)

Doctor Who Magazine issue 380 has been released, and it's infamous "Gallifrey Guardian" news section contains some important news regarding Torchwood's second season. Specifically, it names the ladies and gentlemen who are commiting themselves to script writing duty. Here's a quick rundown of Torchwood 2.0's writers...

+ Russell T Davies ("Everything Changes") - 1 new episode

+ Chris Chibnall ("End of Days") - 3 news episodes

+ Cath Tregenna ("Captain Jack Harkness") - 2 new episodes

+ Helen Raynor ("Ghost Machine") - 1 new episode

+ PJ Hammond ("Small Worlds") - 1 new episode

The writers of the remaining five episodes have yet to be revealed...

In other news, the magazine seemingly confirms that Torchwood is set for a January 2008 launch (despite Gareth David Lloyd's comments a few weekend's ago). More news when it becomes available.

Look on the bright side; the scripts for season two are now being written, and the season is finally taking shape - and you've got good old torchwood.tv reporting all the latest news, to keep you going through to 2008. Well, I say the bright side...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for getting my hopes up Gareth David Lloyd, and whoever posted the thing about it last week. I cannot wait that bloody long. Screw you. I hate the BBC. Mind you, at least they did create Torchwood in the first place, the best thing on Earth, and quite possibly the universe as well.

Anonymous said...

Damn them. (BBC Wales that is)

Anonymous said...

What bright side? We still have to wait 10 damn months.

Anonymous said...

Bright side means series two should be better than series one as they'll have time to work out more iffy bits. I loved Torchwood but will freely admit to having some weak moments, and more pre-production time can benefit the second series. I just hope his news about their being more Ianto episodes is true! I love Ianto!

curls said...

This January information was confirmed to me by somebody else on the show today. So seems that Gareth may have outdated information.

Anonymous said...

Feels like; easy come easy go. Oh well. I guess I will just re read the books till then.

bluemonkeyape said...

I cannot function without Torchwood for that long! Its been hard enough waiting for the new series already. Oh Well, At least I'll have a little Captain Jack in the new series of Doctor Who! Cannot Wait for that either. What Can I Say? Im extremely impatient!

bluemonkeyape said...

This website has inspired me to make my own website dedicated to Torchwood! Although it is a minor site compared to this amazing site, it would be cool if you came to my website.

http://www.torchwoodfanatic.piczo.com/?cr=7&rfm=y

I hope you don't mind me pasting that!