Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Gwen Does?

We missed that one, didn't we...? Last Wednesday's Daily Star newspaper over here in the UK reported on a potentially huge spoiler for Torchwood's second series. It involves Gwen, Martha and... oh, oh, I'm dying to tell you! Look away now if you want to be a good little boy or girl and remain spoiler free. You have been warned...

Apparently Rhys and Gwen are to marry - but on the wedding day Gwen wakes to find that she's been impregnated by a half human, half alien baby! The team have to call Martha Jones in to investigate before the thing rips from Gwen's belly!

Whether this turns out to be true or not remains to be seen. This is the Daily Star after all; a paper which, back in 1999, wrongly predicted that Doctor Who was to be re-launched with Ken Dodd playing the central role, and Cat Deeley appearing as his trusty sidekick*. Yeah right, like that ever happened!**

* Nobody outside the UK has any idea who these two people are, do you?!

** And for that, we are thankful

13 comments:

Mike said...

Cat Deeley (I assume it's the same one -- how many cany there be) actually hosts So You Think You Can Dance on the Fox network here in the US. (I should be ashamed to admit that I know that but I'm not, damn it.) While her inability to read from a teleprompter is actually somewhat charming when she's hosting an amateur dance contest, I think we should be happy she hasn't blessed the Whoniverse with those talents.

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't really believe anything the Daily Star says.

They also printed an article saying the Doctor has a secret love child.

Anonymous said...

I live in the Uk but I have no idea who Cat Deeley is or Ken Todd. I am German though! Still, I do know that The Daily Star is rubbish!!

Vote Saxon said...

WaahhhH!!!!

That is one bizarre story line - not sure whether I want it to be true or not!

(Thank all that is good that the Daily Star was way off on that 'other' story though!)

rachael said...

i'v heard this rumour before
i can believe something like that happening even though its a little wierd

Anonymous said...

Interesting rumor! I wonder how Gwen got into that condition?

Anonymous said...

no, no i don't

Anonymous said...

Ohh... I'm afraid I'm South Korean....-.-;;;;.... I read this rumor before, but almost everyone said that it's just romor that hardly come true

Anonymous said...

can't be true. if they needed a doctor then whats wrong with owen?

Anonymous said...

This rumour is also printed in TV Quick for October 2oth to the 26th. Do I really want to know how this happens?

Anonymous said...

if it WAS true..the baby would be owens because he sort of became half alien after the weevil incident..remember the way he looked at them at the end of that episode combat?
maybs...
but anyway i dont think gwen wud say yes to rhys...she is secretly in lvoe with jack..even htough i prefer gwen/owen and jack/ianto
:]
xxxxxxxxxx

Anonymous said...

"Gwen wakes to find that she's been impregnated by a half human, half alien baby!"

I'm really hoping that "by" is actually supposed to be a "with". The idea of a mutant baby mating with Gwen is not one I wish to consider.

(Actually, I'm completely sure there's no smudge of truth to the story, but hey, I might as well mock the article for it's bizarre case of juvenile fertility.)

Anonymous said...

OMG JUST A RUMOUR EH?
I SAW A PICTURE OF GWEN IN A WEDDING DRESS OBVIOUSLY SHE'S GETTING MARRIED BUT YOU CAN OBVIOUSLY SEE SOMTHING ELSE ...HER BUMP SHE'S PREGNANT SO IT'S TRUE????
I DONT KNOW WERE THEY GOT THE PICTURE FROM BUT I'M SURE IT'S TRUE SEE FOR YOUR SELF ON WWW.TORCHWOODFORUMS.COM!!!!!!!!