Thursday, January 17, 2008

So, how did you do?

Outpost Galifrey has posted unofficial overnight figures for Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang. They are reporting that ."an audience of 3.7 million viewers [tuned in, which amounts to] a 14.8% share of the total audience." They go on to state that the premiere of Torchwood Series 2 "was the highest rated on BBC2 for the day and the 18th most watched on all television."

In an unrelated note, the land of Torrents was all abuzz last night with Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang airing at 4:00pm eastern time. Americans were downloading the episode (as generously and faithfully vidcapped by "Mad Martha") by the thousands...

For the full article on the British ratings, take a stroll over to Outpost Galifrey here.

7 comments:

Kyle said...

Thank god for Mad Martha!!!! Thank's to MM's skills, I was able to watch Kiss Kiss Bang Bang before the end of the day on the 16th.

In fact, I stayed up and watched it twice, completely ignoring the fact I had to be a functioning, responsible adult in the morning.

Heeeeeeaven, I'm in heeeeeaven....

marianas said...

*genuflects to Mad Martha*

My internet connection has been wonky of late so it took all night to download, but I watched it this morning. *dies happy*

Anonymous said...

Yes, indeed. Thank god for Mad Martha. Without her I would be lost!

Anonymous said...

Please could someone post a link to Mad Martha?
BBCA sent me an email about the "new" season of DW and TW. They're both supposed to start at 7 pm! It's their biggest hit- you'd think they'd get the time right!

Nicole J. LeBoeuf-Little said...

Kyle, me too - I was able to download the episode in time to surprise my husband with it when he got home late. We were thrilled!

Kryswynusa, there's no particular link. I found the Torrent by doing a search for the episode at isohunt.com and following the resulting link back to mininova.com . After you find the torrent, you open it with your favorite bittorrent program, and the episode downloads.

What's this about the new season of DW starting? I haven't been able to find any positive date for it, not even at Outpost Galifrey or the official BBC web site.

Anonymous said...

Nicole-thanks for the info! Re DW, BBCA is pretending we don't get the SciFi channel (where DW3 aired last fall) so we get to see the Doctor and Martha as the "new" season. Yawn. Been there-got the DVDs.
I was able to watch 2 parts of KKBB on youtube before the poster removed the rest! Wah! Come on RaeHart-have a heart and reload parts 2,3,4&6!!

N said...

Not only americans you know. Europeans too! We only have BBC prime here in Sweden...