Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Big Bang Theory

If you've been following the news today, the switch-on of the LHC (Large Hadron Collider) in CERN's 27km tunnel has been a mild success. CERN is attempting to recreate the conditions of the vital moments following the Big Bang. The device has been in construction for the past 13 years - which explains why such a big who-ha has been made over its launch!

To celebrate CERN's experiment, the BBC commissioned a special one-off 45 minute radio episode of Torchwood, titled "Lost Souls" and starring John Barrowman alongside his regular team of Eve Myles and Gareth David-Lloyd, with Doctor Who alum Freema Agyeman along for the ride to. In case you missed it, the Radio 4 Wednesday play is available to listen again here.

Meanwhile filming continues on block one of Torchwood's third season (episodes one through three) and then block two (four/five) begins next month - rumoured to feature [HIGHLIGHT TO REVEAL] Martha Jones and Mickey Smith, though nothing has been confirmed by the BBC as of yet. More news as it comes in.

What are you guys and gals doing right now, in the summer hiatus? Hands up who's watching (or rather, re-watching) the series DVD boxsets? Or perhaps you're putting all of your energy into intricate fan fiction? Or perhaps you're silly enough to write a fansite blog (hang on...) - let us now by writing in the comments section below!

Regards & toodles, he says.

8 comments:

lelah said...

Hello, how can people outside the UK listen to it? I am in the US and a massive Torchwood fan.

Anonymous said...

if you go to http://blogtorwho.blogspot.com/2008/09/torchwood-big-bang-day.html there is a link to download the episode!

Anonymous said...

I'm anxiously awaiting the arrival of my Season 1 and Season 2 sets from Amazon.com. Since I picked ship in one package, they'll come together between the 29th and 5th (I think), just in time for my birthday. If I feel like splurging I'll order the first season of The Sarah Jane Adventures in October.

We here in the Houston area are also awaiting Ike, so. . .we'll see what happens there. Paging Catptain Jack Harkness--can you help??

I wanna work for Torchwood!

Alfred Charles Snider said...

I am waiting for more Sarah Jane adventures, and for the Torchwood 2 DVD set hee in the USA.

DW in Spring, SJA in Fall, TW in Winter ... this is paradise after waiting all these years or our universe to pop back into life.

Thanks RTD. I dedicated to recent books I wrote to you for bringing the magic back to my universe.

Alfred Snider

Alfred Charles Snider said...

Let me try that again with correct spelling:

I am waiting for more Sarah Jane adventures, and for the Torchwood 2 DVD set here in the USA.

DW in Spring, SJA in Fall, TW in Winter ... this is paradise after waiting all these years for our universe to pop back into life.

Thanks RTD. I dedicated two recent books I wrote to you for bringing the magic back to my universe.

Alfred Snider

Anonymous said...

I've been trying to go sight seeing in Cardiff. :D
Also my friend and I will go to Birmingham hopefully... and see John and yell JACK etc. at him.
Ironically I miseed the radio drama because I was in a phsics lesson! Well I thought it was funny.

Anonymous said...

I'm awaiting Series 2 of The Sarah Jane Adventures (18 more days!) & the Doctor Who Christmas Special. I've got Series 2 of Torchwood, Series 1 of Sarah Jane, & Series 4 of Who preordered through Amazon, though I still have all the episodes downloaded on my computer (I live in the states and download them as they air).

Anonymous said...

I am also awaiting my DVDs of TW2 but in the meantime I'm watching all the David Tennant I can find on YouTube. There's lots :-D Losing hours of my life posting on the dr who forum (NOT wasting it mind you!) and making new friends there.