Tuesday, January 27, 2009

New York or Bust

Thanks to Newsarama we now have confirmation of a Torchwood panel at this year's New York ComicCon, headed up by actress Eve Myles and director Euros Lyn. They'll be there to promote the up and coming third series of the show - Children of Earth - expected to hit both sides of the Atlantic this summer.

The official line-up:

Saturday, February 7

4:15 – 5:15pm Torchwood: Actress Eve Myles (Merlin, Doctor Who) and director Euros Lyn (Doctor Who) to present a sneak peak of Torchwood: Children of Earth and discuss their creative process and experience working on BBC AMERICA’s highest rated series.

Followed by a Q&A session.

6:00 – 7:00pm, Table 1, Autograph Area: Eve Myles and Euros Lyn will participate in an official New York ComicCon signing.

As much as I'd love to be there this Brit can't weather hefty flight costs, especially at short notice! So it's up to you guys that can make it to keep the rest of us posted on what's said/shown during the event - any news can be emailed to my handy email address.

***

Hey, now that my all time favourite space oddballs are returning to Earth, what better time to suggest some sort of Red Dwarf/Torchwood crossover?! I could see it now - Captain Jack meets Cat! And Ianto faints at the very sight of Dave Lister... Come on BBC chiefs, commission the damn thing already!!*

*Now obviously this is a joke. 'Obviously' applies to 99.99% of people on this Earth, meaning 0.01% will think me serious, but then they're just idiots. Obviously.

2 comments:

Graham said...

Thanks for sharing the good news. Although I'm not far away from New York, I'm afraid I won't be able to make it. I hope there's some decent coverage, though.

And great news about Red Dwarf. I wonder if there are any plans to broadcast it here in the US?

Anonymous said...

I LOVE DAVE LISTER! (Not as much as Captain Jack.) I WANNA SEE THEM RETURN TO EARTH!! Woo hoo!!

Thanks JackHarkness!