Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The Maybe, Maybe... Wait! No, Maybe.

Various news sites are reporting a tentative airdate for Torchwood: Children of Earth, which although unconfirmed did originate from BBC America president Garth Ancier (gotta love a guy called Garth Ancier) which does add some weight to the reports.

According to Ancier, whilst talking to AfterElton's own Michael Jensen, the special five part/five night series will air over here in the UK some point late June or early July, with a USA airdate the same day (although still 5 hours behind us Brits). This does seem to parallel reports previously posted on this site regarding a possible transmission date.

Remember however that nothing is confirmed, although schedules are planned many months in advance (for example the dates for the four Doctor Who specials, I'm well informed, was set in stone midway through 2008).

So, one question remains: when do YOU think the show will air?

10 comments:

That's MIZZ Gypsy To You! said...

I don't care what day it starts but I really hope it airs in the week including my birthday!

Anonymous said...

Is there any news on the transmission of the Doctor Who specials, the last ones with David Tennant?

Anonymous said...

I don't think i can wait til june or july!!hopefully late february or march

Anonymous said...

I was hoping for April but hey it will be probably worth the wait!

Anonymous said...

I heard that they will have to wait until BBC One has a week free in the right time slot which could be ages away considering it is BBC One and they are a very busy channel so I've heard rumours from March all the way up to October.

Let's just hope it sooner rather than later.

Anonymous said...

Come on already BBC One! I need my fix of Captain Jack!! With no Doctor Who and No Captain Jack...really...why have a tv?!!!!

Anonymous said...

i hope its soon as im wearing out my torchwood dvds both series im wanting to see it soon.

Anonymous said...

People in the US can get a John Barrowman fix tonight (Sunday 1/18) on cable channel HGTV. The second "Keys to the Castle" special (showing people who live in medieval castles in England and Scotland and, I think, France) is on at 8pm, and John is hosting. Maybe we'll see him in a kilt again! They will without doubt show it again sometime this week--HGTV repeats their programs several times, as a rule.

Anonymous said...

I heard April...

Anonymous said...

Can't be soon enough for me. I hated not knowing if it was coming back or would be replaced by some idiotic show.