Sunday, April 19, 2009

Eager Beavers

In the middle of filming of what will prove to be David Tennant's last (for now...) appearence as the Doctor, the media are beginning to look to the show's future. John Barrowman has pledged loyalty to new Eleventh Doctor Matt Smith in a number of interviews across the past week.


I USED TO BE WILLIAM HARTNELL YOU KNOW (ANTI-WRINKLE CREAM DOES WONDERS).

DigitalSpy report upon an interview thelondonpaper conducted with Barrowman last week. Upon mrunning into Matt at the BBC by chance, John has this to say, "Matt is an interesting-looking guy and if you are asking do I find him handsome, I would say 'Yes, I do'. He's a really nice guy and I think he's going to be great. But afterwards, I felt like I had been cheating on David."

Afterwards Barrowman elaborated upon the story on the Steve Wright's Radio 2 In the Afternoon show: "I like him. I was doing publicity at the BBC and he was also coming in to do stuff himself. We sat down and had a conversation, he seems like a really nice guy and he's really up for it. I think he'll do really, really well. He said: 'One thing John, I'd really love it if Captain Jack and my Doctor cross paths'. I said: 'Well, we have to leave that up to the writers'. Who knows?"

Indeed. Rumours have it that David Tennant films his last scenes on May 22nd (although he has another mystery 'Who related project lined up...) and Matt Smith then comes in to record the post-regeneration scene in June. He begins full time filming in mid-July.

You can follow Matt Smith on Twitter here.

2 comments:

load-of-tosh said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
load-of-tosh said...

His Twitter feed is kind of terrifying...

He got confused by Outlook and accidentally sent an email to himself? And we're going to let this man handle the TARDIS. Yikes!

(But in all seriousness, I'm gonna withhold judgment until his first episode. Or at least I'm trying really, really hard to!)

But it would be awesome if Moffett brought back RTD's creations (even though he said he won't, etc, etc), mainly for the look on Jack's face when he sees Eleven...