Wednesday, May 20, 2009

West End 'Wood

It's been hinted at before, but now at last there's confirmation that John Barrowman will tread the boards at London's Playhouse Theatre in a production of Jean Poiret's 'La Cage Aux Folles'. He will play the role of Albin, from September 14th through November 28th. After that, he returns to panto until the end of January 2010, then takes his annual month-long Febraury vacation.


In other news the latest edition of TV and Satellite Week has a preview of summer programming - and spills the beans of Children of Earth, hinting that the series will broadcast at some point during July. The magazine's front cover features the three stars of Torchwood, and can be seen below.


Finally, one lucky fan won the chance to appear alongside David Tennant and John Barrowman on BBC One's entertainment show Tonight's the Night on Saturday. The scene is splattered across Youtube - just type in Tonight's the Night, Doctor Who into the search engine.

(Apologies this post is a week late! I've been swamped and unable to find a spare five minutes to come online and conclude my typing...)

4 comments:

kristi said...

I don't know but it seems like there has been a lot of promotion featuring Gwen - if you look at all the TW pictures on BBC America's site and elsewhere she's the main focus of everything - same with the magazine covers too and with all the reports of how busy JB is and no word at all about GDL - it's starting to sound like maybe Torchwood is going to become Gwenwood and that she will be the lead if the show is renewed at all. I'm none to happy about that idea - not a big fan of "Gwen" (though I like Eve Myles). Will be interesting to see what happens. Jack was the reason I came to the show and Jack is what keeps me there. If he's no longer the lead I don't know how long I'll stick around to watch it.

tribeHeaven said...

Hey Kristi, maybe the focus on Gwen in the promotional stuff you talk about is simply to draw more male viewers into the series?

I think Torchwood always covers the characters fairly and gives them equal ammount of storylines. Though it would have been great to have alot more of Tosh before her death.

Anonymous said...

I think I can quite reasonably claim that there was not a fair division of storylines over the two series. There were a few ensemble episode (first series: Countrycide, End of Days. second series: Adam, Fragments), but Tosh and Ianto only got ONE episode really focusing on them in each series. I've watched Angel, and in comparison it is a much more successful ensemble drama, which storylines divided equally between the characters.

Now that there's only three, perhaps it'll be easier to have it divided equally and fairly. One thing's for sure, if it doesn't, it'll be a hell of a lot more noticable.

I miss my Tosh *pouts*

tribeHeaven said...

Fair said anon, I also miss Tosh.

I suppose we'll get to find out more on Ianto though, I hope so.

As for Angel, it did cover the characters well, though it is also around 22 episodes per season, so maybe they had more time. And then we also had a fair amount of Cordelia, Wesley and Angel in Buffy.

Hmm. Anyhows can't wait for COE!