Thursday, July 27, 2006

For the young at heart

In papers worldwide today you can find the headline, "BBC launches Doctor Who for young adults." When I first saw that I thought they were talking about K-9 Adventures but nope this is indeed a UPI story about Torchwood.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v492/MacGuffin3/Jacktorchwood.jpg
Source:http://www.bbc.co.uk

So far the blurb has been spotted in North Korea, India, Washington, Florida and the UK. No real news in this moonies-wire-service article for us long time Woodies, but I for one am glad to know that at 34 I'm still considered to be a young adult.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Young Adult"??
Are they mad?

This is post-watershed TV and according to things RTD has been saying, we shouldn't be allowing anyone too young to watch.

personally, I'd like to see a XXX version, but that's me for you!

Counting down the days...

Anonymous said...

Lol! Just seeing that made me laugh... 'young adult'. Yeah riiight. Some people don't check ANY BBC press releases, now do they? Although I am a young adult... kind of. I'm 14, almost 15. But still! I've been watching post watershed since I was little. Erm... yeah.

Anonymous said...

On an entirely unrelated note, I tried typing www.bbc.co.uk/torchwood into my address bar and got redirected to here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/wales/southeast/sites/torchwood. True enough, there's nothing going on, but are we to assume that this will at some point become the official site?

Anonymous said...

LOL, young adults ? Well Im a 36 year old young adult then , who cant wait for Torchwood. Jane.