Sunday, July 30, 2006

I've just met a girl named Maria!

Sorry, the headline above concerns a different Maria and a different musical than in the new BBC reality show How do you solve a problem like Maria? (There are no nuns in West Side Story, that alone makes it a much better musical than The Sound of Music)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v492/MacGuffin3/jbm.jpg
Screencap from last night's premier installment

The show featuring John Barrowman as one of the judges premiered last night, and as I'm no more an expert on West End musicals than I am on Ice Dancing, you will just have to go to the show's official site if you want updates on how the Maria hunt is going. It will only become the concern of Torchwood.TV if the Weevil gets loose and devours all of the potential Marias.

2 comments:

Abs0n said...

I've just watched it and I think that it is going to be really addictive! I do think that ALW was getting a bit sneaky by going behind their backs but I am glad that Kirsty is still in!

I want either her or the 17 yr old who had another go and was wearing the blue dress (I can't remember her name) to win because i think that they will bring th most to the role.

Anonymous said...

I wasn't paying that much attention to the girls. Yes I know that means I missed the point of the whole show but John Barrowman is so gorgeous and his hair was all cute and spiky and just waiting to be ruffled! Sadly they didn't show much of him, but what they did show was quality ;)