Sunday, September 10, 2006

The Best Two Minutes Ever?

Last night I attended the "Last Night of the Proms" in Heaton Park, Manchester. It's a BBC run concert that's open to the public (after a £12 entry fee!). It features the best in classical music that the UK currently has to offer.

But that stuffs boring, so lets get to the exciting bit:

Before the concert started, the BBC screens near to the stage aired footage of this autumn's top television shows. From Robin Hood to Planet Earth, the Autumn highlights were shown in one minute packages. Except Torchwood - which was shown in a mammoth two minute preview!

I've no pictures, sorry (my mobile phone's camera really is appallingly bad) so I'm afraid you'll have to put up with me describing what I saw:

In one word: amazing. Though the footage was hardly new (I think it was simply a condensed version of the four minute trailer already mentioned on this site and at outpost gallifrey) it was the first time me, and many others, had a chance to view it, and it honestly blew me away. All you fan girls, if you think Jack looked stunning in Doctor Who Season 27, you haven't seen anything yet. And the rest of the Wood Gang look equally amazing. As for the HD aspect - whoa. It honestly has left me gasping for more, and October suddenly feels a long, long way off.

No fair.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You got to see it! LUCKY! :even more impatient:

curls said...

How's this for a Torchwood Trailer. Kindly made and posted by Tara at OG.

curls said...

Bit of news here on new episode titles this morning.