Monday, October 23, 2006

The Day After The Night Before

For Freeview viewers (or any other "digital" users) Torchwood has now aired on British Television for the first time - and I know exactly how you're all feeling:

Your jaws hit the floor because of how unbelievabley good this was.

Torchwood.tv posted a review of "Everything Changes" last week (spoiler free-ish) and a review of "Day One" will follow on Thursday morning. We want to let BBC 2 viewers watch the show without being spoiled too much, so for their benefit, we'll discuss episodes here on the main page only after they've aired on BBC 2 on Wednesday evenings. Don't fret though, if you do want discussion of the episodes now, head on down to the Torchwood chat zone! You might even meet a Torchwood celebrity. Failing that, myself or Kurly will be there as a consolation prize!

I expect today's going to be quite quiet on the Tochwood front. Except for a report on ratings for last night's episode (expect mid-day) and newspaper reviews, a lot of the promotion for the series will now slow down.

But good old Torchwood.tv will be around to report any news if and when it does appear.

Toodles for now folks...

3 comments:

Steve Beck said...

My jaw DID hit the floor. And yes it was unbelievably good. After it finished I received a couple of text from my girlfriend saying how fantastic it was. She has good taste. My flatmate, who is an avid Dr Who fan (particularly the Tom Baker era), said 'ooooh this is just a bit good then!!!!'

This is what Dr Who would've been like if the programme grew up with it's audience. I'll definitely be watching this every Sunday.

Anonymous said...

My jaw didn't hit the floor, as I was quite disappointed with it. I've only seen the first episode so far, I'll watch the second later today, but it all seemed pretty shoddy.

Anonymous said...

My jaw hit the floor on how unbelievably BAD it was. The Gwen character is the most irritating thing on TV. The story had so much promise, but instead we are subjected to juvenile crap. It just gets worse every week.