Thursday, January 25, 2007

A Burst of Starlight

Hitting newsagents everywhere today is the latest Starburst Magazine "special edition" - this month packed full to the brim on all things Torchwood!

There's an extensive episode guide to the whole of the first season - which includes detailed reviews of every episode (the "Random Shoes" one is a real corker!). As well as that, there's an interview with Ed Thomas (the series designer) and also The Mill FX too (who, as we all know, supply the CGI effects every week).

If you're a Doctor Who fan too, there's some neat interviews with Graeme Harper, Wendy Padbury (1960's companion Zoe Harriot), Caroline John (Liz Shaw), Terry Molloy (Davros - evil creator of the Daleks) and the Fourth Doctor himself - and BT's voice messaging system - Tom Baker.

On top of all that there's a look behind the scenes on BBC 7's new series of "Eighth Doctor" adventures that, so far - in my opinion - haven't exactly set the world ablaze...

You can pick up Starburst Special #79 at most retailers now priced £5.99 - but hurry, because stocks are limited and the magazine usually sells like hot cakes!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just a few interesting sites about John Barrowman - this should while away an hour or two
---------------------
http://home.nyc.rr.com/alweisel/usjohnbarrowman.htm

just a snip of this one



Q.What's your type?

I like older. You want to know my fantasy woman? Joan Collins. I think she's stunning. I had lunch with her before I came to film the Central Park West pilot.



Q.Did she like you?

I don't know. I had to run off and catch a plane. But she was kind enough to have them hold the flight for me. [Imitating Collins on the phone] "Hello, dahling. It's Joan Collins here..."



Q. Have you been romantically involved with any other older women?

I went out quite a few times with Angie Dickinson. Her legs look as good now as they did walking down that staircase in Police Woman. I spent Thanksgiving with her a few years ago. June Allyson was there and...what was his name? This is going to bother me. [He picks up his cellular phone and calls his mother He speaks to her in a perfect Scottish burr. She rings back later with the answer: Joseph Cotten.]


----------------------------