Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Kiwis bearing gifts

It's time to welcome New Zealand to the list of nations who have jumped on the Torchwood bandwagon! According to Scoop.co.nz the drama will be heading to TVNZ along with a slew of other BBC titles this year. Let's hope many more countries will join NZ and sign on for season one with Jack and the crew.

Still no news on that subject from my home country, the USA. The only news from here is that my wife and I moved from the Seattle area to the Los Angeles area over the New Year. So thanks as always to jackharkness for keeping you up to date. We won't have the Internet installed in our little house until at least the weekend, so good thing this is a slow news time.

You do know that like today, if any news breaks I will of course rush to the nearest Starbucks and jump on the Wi-Fi. Working at the Institute is a 24-hour job.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woo, thank god for that! My friend is moving out to New Zealand in 2 weeks, so she can watch it all over again!

Anonymous said...

Yay!!! Now I can get people addicted!

Anonymous said...

That's really cool that NZ is getting Torchwood too. It should be shown in every country around the world, no one should miss out on seeing this brilliant series! :)

Anonymous said...

Best of luck getting adjusted to SoCal after Seattle, Kurly--big change!

Glad to see TW is spreading around. It's still going to be a long wait for DW S3 and TW S2 here in the UK. But somehow, I feel we're spoiled getting it first. :-)

Anonymous said...

Great news. We in New Zealand have been looking forward to seeing Torchwood since it was first announced. So far most of what we know has come through this excellent site. Good to see that TVNZ apparently recognizes the the mistake it made in letting Dr Who go to a rival channel.

Anonymous said...

don't feel too spoiled annon. I live in Australia and I've seen all the episodes, how??? WHy I took a supersonic jet to see the episodes live each week ;).

What I wanted to say was that it's also been announced that torchwood is showing on the Australian Broadcasting Corporation here in OZ. How come NZ get's a mention but we don't!!!

Anonymous said...

Because we announced it on the site last week! (January 1st to be exact!)

Anonymous said...

I bet its to do with the fact TVNZ feels like the missed out on Doctor Who which airs on Prime, so now want the next best thing.

Anonymous said...

very well jack, I stand corrected