Saturday, February 10, 2007

My Very Own Secret Diary

This is a very personal post for me; as it marks the first anniversary of me joining torchwood.tv. Just one year ago I posted my very first blog entry here; an unexperienced blog writer, writing about a television show which hadn't even aired yet. I must admit, those first couple of weeks and months were hard, as I attempted to fill these very pages with all sorts of nonsense. The journey's been incredible though; and I've learned so much not only about Torchwood, but its online community too. Thanks guys and gals.
+
THE TORCHWOOD VOL.3 DVD COVER (SORRY IT'S NOT BIGGER!)

Anyhoo, moving on, sorry about the absence of the second and third parts of the Torchwood.TV Awards. What can I say? A mixture of being ill for most of the week, and a lack of time due to the pre-production work on my brand spanking new film "Self" have drained my resources. Sorry! But, I'm back with a vengeance now, and the Award results should be up in the next couple of weeks.

I've just done the storyboarding for my short film "Self" and can exclusively reveal that at one point, when we're inside the protagonist's house, there's a close-up of his shelf - where rather conviently, a Captain Jack Harkness action figure sits. You see, Horatio Maguire is a Torchwood fanatic just like the rest of us!

For anybody interested, you can keep up to date with the film's development here. It might even include a few still photographs of myself on set...
+
Or not.

Finally, a short bit of news. Play.com have released the cover design for the Torchwood Volume Three DVD - and unlike predicted, it doesn't feature Owen Harper on the cover! It features everybody and (shock horror!) is actually quite good. Scroll upwards to see it yourself.

The DVD contains the episodes "Out of Time", "Combat", "Captain Jack Harkness" and the apocalyptic "End of Days". The bonus features are the usual mix of deleted scenes, and half cut episodes of "Torchwood Declassified" - only this time, we're promised something else too. Something rather special...

A video diary made by John Barrowman! It's called "The Captain's Log" - and although the running time isn't known, here's hoping it's just as long as David Tennant's was on the second season set of Doctor Who.

The DVD is released across the UK on March 26th - although a North America / Canada release has yet to be scheduled. Or anywhere else in the world for that matter. Hurry up BBC!

And that's just about it from me. I've had an absolute blast over the last 12 months - here's to the next 12. Thanks for reading.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on a fantastic 12 months jackharkness, you have done a wonderful job. (and a special blog for me as it was my birthday) Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Will BBC ever release a complete series one DVD of Torchwood? Any news???

Anonymous said...

I've heard there's going to be a series 1 box set coming towards the end of the year. Still trying to decide whether to wait for it or get them now.