Sunday, April 01, 2007

Fools For Love

Torchwood.tv can exclusively reveal some truly wonderful news; something that BBC Wales has been trying to hide for the past twelve months in fear of negative fan reaction. But you know us, never one for fearing the big boys in Cardiff. So here goes nothing...

Eve Myles and Burn Gorman are romancing, and have been doing so for some time. A source tells us that "plot details were changed during the first series to accomodate the pair's budding romance. That's why the pair shacked up on screen - blame the love birds!" It's my understanding that the actors demanded more and more time together on screen, in an attempt to be together on set as much as possible.

But there has been problems from other members of the cast and crew, I'm told. "Gareth (David-Lloyd) is furious that he didn't get there first! He's had such a keen interest in Burn for a while now..." my source cofirms. Apparently the Torchwood team are learning to deal with the romance though; John Barrowman has even promised Burn not to mooney around Eve now, to avoid any "jealously issues".

And to make the news even better, wedding bells could be on the horizon too. I'm told that the pair have spent their break away from Torchwood ring-shopping around London and Cardiff, and have made (not so) secret plans to marry inside Upper Boat's Torchwood Hub set "cos that's where they met and fell in love" Aww, sweet.

With a relationship this apparently strong, it's strange that we haven't heard anything about it before now. Or maybe not, if BBC Brand Management have anything to do with it. My source seems to think that "BBC Brand know how damaging an inter-actor relationship can be. Look at Dick and Dom; once their love bubble burst the show was literally over" But TW.tv hopes to ensure that such a backlash won't occur with this announcement.

Everyone at the site wants to wish Eve and Burn the best of luck in the future. It's been a long time coming, but at last the truth is known. On the count of three, hip-hip-hoorays for everybody then!

And I suddenly feel like Cilla Black on "Blind Date"...

29 comments:

MatGB said...

Dude, you could've posted this after midnight rather than just changing the timestamp y'know...

Anonymous said...

LOL! You nearly had me going there, for a minute! Nice one. :D

Josie

Anonymous said...

haha very funny. was wondering what you were going to do to try "trick" us

Unknown said...

Gorman looks like a shaved chimp

S.J.Elliot said...

You had me for a couple of seconds there. Realised what was going on when i as like "doesn't burnie have a kid" Ha ha, very good.

Anonymous said...

good grief I'm so gullible!

And I got very disturbed for a minute then. Thank god it's not true! I'm not an Owen fan. Haha.

Anonymous said...

Happy Easter day to you too ;)))

Abi said...

I can't believe I fell for that! I finally got my internet and stuff sorted, thought "it's time to catch up"...then that's the first thing I read on here. Oooh, you're mean jackharkness! And I'm so gullible!

Anonymous said...

haha great april fool

Emerald Studios said...

Congrats to Burn and Eve

Anthony Garnon said...

Yep, you got me; April Fools!

Anonymous said...

No way is this true. I know for a fact that Burn is due to marry Russell T Davies. :D ;) :p

Anonymous said...

Stop breaking my heart, you! XD

Charming Marauders said...

Guh, everyone's the joker! You guys, The Leaky Cauldron (saying they're closing) and Mugglenet (saying they have read the last Harry Potter Book)! What's next? Elvis is alive?!

Anonymous said...

Thought it wasn't true. Burn Gorman has a wife! U had me going there for a few minutes though. Good April Fool's though, I'll give you that,

Anonymous said...

Burn's pretty hot in a weird way. Not as hot as David Tennant though. No Chance.

Anonymous said...

The Cilla Black thing kind of gives the game away, jackharkness. You did have me going for a bit though... well, until I reread the post.

Anonymous said...

Now I think about it, the title itself gives the game away a bit.

Paul: Earth Defence said...

I actually believed you! I'm so gullible!

Anonymous said...

almost believed it till i remembered the ok mag at christmas
picture was a dead giveaway the baby

Anonymous said...

Nice April Fools joke jacharkness, you had us all going.

Anonymous said...

I was reading through it and going "Oh my God... My friend is going to love this." She's a huge Owen fan, and likes the Owen/Gwen ship. And then I was like "Wait a minute... WHEN was this posted?" XD That was GREAT!

Anonymous said...

I couldn't believe it then noticed it was an April Fools! Great Job!

Anonymous said...

OK I was ALMOST convinced, as I thought those two had something going when I saw that tree scene in Countrycide. I started to suspect when I read that Gareth was fuming that he didn't get in there first (I thought he fancied John anyway). I have to say that I didn't know Burn Gorman was married or had offspring, however, the Cilla Black bit really gave it away. Great April fool though, thanks for posting it.

Anonymous said...

I am so stupid! I actually fell for this you evil evil people...i was like hmm didn't burn have a wife AND a kid...hmmm.... YOU'RE EVIL!:P luv yaz

Anonymous said...

:O ELVIS IS ALIVE?!?!?! WOW!

Unknown said...

OMG! I actually believed this! and its been on here over a week... god i'm gulable!

Anonymous said...

Of COURSE Elvis is alive. Doesn't everyone know that...?

Anonymous said...

I SO didn't believe this. Well maybe I would've if I hadn't have known that Burn is married.

Should've read the date first :P