Friday, June 15, 2007

Signed, Sealed, Delivered

Courtesy of John Barrowman's official site we now know that the star will pen his own autobiography for Michael O'Mara books, with a possible publication date of Spring 2008 - just in time to coincide with Torchwood season two. The book will be called "Anything Goes" and covers all of John's life so far - from his humble beginnings in Scotland to finding fame across the atlantic. More news on the project as we get it.

The site also confirms that an episode of BBC One's new comedy panel show, "Would I Lie To You?", in which John appeared on will broadcast on Saturday 23rd June @ 10pm. That's a mere two hours after "The Sound of Drums" and the subsequent Doctor Who Confidential - so it looks like we'll be in for a John packed Saturday that weekend!

A week later, on the 30th June, the final episode of Doctor Who's third season airs on BBC One. It stars David Tennant, Freema Agyeman and John Barrowman - and the BBC Press Office has today issued a synopsis for the episode. But it contains huge fandom shattering spoilers that could cause some to self destruct - so don't read if you don't want to be spoiled!
Earth has been conquered and the Master rules supreme, with the Doctor a helpless prisoner, in the final episode of Russell T Davies's Doctor Who.The entire human race has been reduced to slavery, as the mighty warships of a new Time Lord Empire rise from the ashes. Only Martha Jones can save the world...
That yellow stain on my pants is where I just wet myself with anticipation...

"Last of the Time Lords" airs on BBC One on June 30th, at 7:10pm.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Master !!!!!!!!!!!!
This will be an amazing finale

Anonymous said...

*Gasps/ whimpers in shock, thought and anticipation* That was my idea! How spoilery was that!

Anonymous said...

Umm... I personally often read spoilers. However, I know that some people don't like to and I was just wondering what happened to the invisotext thing I'm sure you used to do?

On a lighter note, I've never commented on here before so would like to take this opportunity to thank you (all 3 of you, that is,) for all your hard work on this site!

Anonymous said...

Am I alone in thinking "Oh no, not the Master..."? I mean, come on, in the Pertwee Era, he was always allying himself with aliens who wound up screwing him over. (Not too bright.)

In the Tom Baker era, at least he was mean and kinda creepy (corpsy husk). But after Keeper of Traken he was just way too camp and fixated on the Doctor. "Oh look, I'll have this really elaborate plan to take over the Universe, but first, I'll just find a way to get the Doctor involved."

And then, it just became his obsession with hunting down the Doctor.

And the TV Movie... Ugh...

Seriously, he's dead. Leave him be. He's not that interesting. I'd rather have some other classic bad guy come back because the Master is just a big yawn.

Anyway, love the site. (info about the Master notwithstanding.) =)

Anonymous said...

At last the BBC has given in and told us what we all knew anyway-they just couldn't keep a secret to save their lives. I mean last year when it was all a big Dalek surprise i knew at the end of episode eleven when it foolishly showed a dalek ray killing someone etc. I think its great to have the Master back long may he recur and have to say he is my favourite villain of all time cos he's so immensely evil more so than the Daleks themselves for me. Lookin' forwards to Jack d2day at 7:15.

Anonymous said...

Wow. Utopia was amazing. Captain Jack, Sir Derek Jacobi - what more do we need from Doctor Who

Anonymous said...

it was a fantastic episode, really enjoyed it

Anonymous said...

OMG What A Cliffanger at the end of Utopia! I can't wait at all to see what happens! And Captain Jack looking as lovely ever! Wow! The Best Episode So Far!

Anonymous said...

That spoiler just made me FALL OFF MY CHAIR.

and lost me money in a bet. crap. XD