Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Sorry I didn't give you a heads up . . .

.... but by the time I heard the BBC official warning of their SFX explosion at the Torchwood filming location Sunday it had already happened. According to the SUN the BBC issued warnings on the radio only one hour before the blast, and their 'warning on the web' didn't come until after the filming.


I can only guess that the lateness of their warning had something to do with the BBC not wanting fans to flock to Westgate Street in Cardiff Sunday. It seems that dealing with a bunch of Woodies is a bigger headache for the BBC than having to deal with and apoligize to the police, press and public.

Well did any of you make it there for the fireworks? After you have shaken the shrapnel out of your shoes I'll expect a full report.

8 comments:

Peter Pan said...

Darn. Would have nipped down had I known.

Martine Martin said...

There's some good pictures of it here.

Also, anyone else reckon that might possibly be a stunt double for Ianto in the suit in those pictures (the shirt is the same colour as the one he wore towards the end of S1)...?

Lucy Milverton said...

Hopefull it's not Ianto...I dont want Ianto to die!!!

Anonymous said...

it does look like Ianto oh my god if he goes i am not watching Torch wood ever again and seelling all my memorbalia

Martine Martin said...

Just because Ianto is near a building as it explodes doesn't mean he's dead. He could be injured or just knocked out.

I'd like it to be him, purely for angst purposes. And to give Ianto an interesting storyline.

No way would they actually kill him off - he's far too interesting (and popular).

Anonymous said...

I was down there watching the filming. They were hours late. The explosion was supposed to have gone off around 12 or 1pm but it was about 5pm before it happened. Even though I was expecting and waiting for it I still jumped out of my skin when it happened, it was so loud! Lol. It was amazing, and sort of eerie, watching it. All the paper and debris falling from the building and smoke everywhere. Very realistic indeed.

I didn't see any GDL lookalikes filming there. Just a couple of men and a couple of women guest actors - not of which looked like Ianto, but who knows? lol.

Josie

Anonymous said...

I work in Westgate Street and a warning went out about 11am in the morning and the explosion was around 5pm, 6hrs later although it did look like they were running late.

There were police around and loads of fans. Looked pretty realistic, loads of paper flying everywhere. Once it was done they cleaned up and moved out pretty quickly.

Anonymous said...

i know john and some of the crew wasnt there, i heard that and read it somewhere, they were down the bay filming, i think i read it in the echo.