Wednesday, December 12, 2007

The Toys Are Coming!

Over on the Doctor Who Forum, one member - "scificollector" - has posted confirmation of Torchwood action figures, coming sometime in 2008. The forum member works for the company Scificollector - an official announcement / press release is due next week...

"Scificollector are delighted to announce that the BBC have granted us the licence to produce a series of collectable Torchwood action figures, which we will be launching as early as we can in 2008. I have been given permission to release these basic facts ahead of a formal announcement next week, and would like to personally thank all the members of the forum whose input on previous posts that I started, steered us to the conclusion that we could justify involvement with this exciting project. We have taken into account the very many views expressed, and believe that the details we release next week will satisfy the majority of the suggestions made, as best as could be done in the circumstances.I am not at liberty to say anymore for now..."

Will you be buying the toys when they're realised. If not, why not? Tell us what you think of the news by leaving a comment below!

11 comments:

Tremas said...

Now the question is can us "Yanks" talk our friends on your side of the pond to export a few to our side... :)

Anthony Garnon said...

You probably could; but it's gonna cost ya! ;)

Anonymous said...

Hell to the yes - I want a Gwen doll!

Tremas said...

I would think that it is generally unwise to give an anonymous person a Gwen doll... Let's face it, I lived through the '80's and I've seen 'Weird Science.' I know what what happens when you give undersexed teenagers (who wear bras on their heads) a computer and a doll...

Although cone to think of it... those kids did manage to turn their doll into Kelly LeBrock, so maybe you should let him have it... Who knows where they'll end up! ;)

Anonymous said...

Yes yes yes ! I will buy. Hope that they don't go by the poor standards of some Dr Who dolls though (the large David Tennant one for instance).

More toys please !!

Incidentally - why not before Christmas ? Stupid BBC !!!

Anonymous said...

Finally Jack and Ianto figures to 'play' with!

Anonymous said...

I'm so thrilled they're finally bringing out TW figures. I want them all! But most importantly, I'll be able to own my own WEEVIL!! :)

Josie

Anonymous said...

If they do a Tosh one you won't c me 4 dust. I'm so geeked up!!! Wooh

Anonymous said...

yyyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssssss of course i even set up a forum on dr who online asking people if they would want 1 and i asked this ages ago they must of read all the comments cant wait for a new jack gwen owen inter changable heads tosh and all of the monsters

Kyle said...

*fangirl squeal* A Captain Jack doll!! Of course I live in the States and will probably have to sell a kidney to get one, but oh well...

Anonymous said...

Hell yes,
i will so be getting them
these people so want my money
i've jus found out theres more Doctor who figures coming out