Friday, July 03, 2009

Thin Dead Line

Right, that's two down - one to go! By now you've no doubt listened to the two brand spanking new Torchwood radio adventures, that have been airing on BBC's Radio 4 station (Wednesday's "Asylum" and yesterday's "Golden Age"). Well, today's there's one final story to round off the series - "The Dead Line" and from the sounds of things, it's a corker!

Don't forget, ahead of Children of Earth next week various media outlets are running stories regarding the series. SFX Magazine, for example, have published a lengthy interview with the show's creator, Russell T Davies (who, as ever, positively shines during it). Digitalpy have also been previewing the series, and here's just one example of their coverage.

The DVD and Blu-Ray release of CoE has been pushed forward a couple of weeks, to July 13th - meaning that there's an ever so slight chance some fans who have pre-ordered the release will get the boxset ahead of transmission for Friday's finale (depending on when the discs are shipped - there may well be an embargo for even shipping releases until, say, Thursday afternoon).

The Blu-Ray release of series 2 has also hit UK stores, and those across Europe.

More developments surrounding CoE over the weekend, and across next week.

(You can read a 'making of' for the three audio adventures here - thanks to reader J. M. Ferretti)

8 comments:

J.M. Ferretti said...

For some reason, I was able to dowload the first two plays, but not today's - which, of course, was the one I was most interested in. Anyway, as I was trying anything to get the download to work, I chanced upon this, which I found very illuminating.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/radio4/2009/07/producing_and_directing_torchw.html

J.M. Ferretti said...

Oops! Let's try this:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/radio4/2009/07/producing
_and_directing_torchw.html

Anonymous said...

it won't work for me either. I am very disappointed. It acts like I have already downloaded it

Anonymous said...

Now the web site is saying that you can only download them if you are in the UK. I am not, but was able to download the first two. The third was the one I really wanted to hear, and put with the rest on my ipod.
Oh well. I hope the disk is not too expensive when they release it.
lisa

Alice said...

Just finished listening to those radio thingys and there great. For those who can't listen to them the plays are usually put on youtube. And I don't know if it is just me but has anyone else noticed the lack of advertising for children of earth?? ok so the BBC is throwing a few adverts on like a week before but its hardly on a major scale. I thought they were meant to be advertising on buses etc.. for CoE. Then again I might just be blind and missing all the adverts lol.

J.M. Ferretti said...

I don't watch much BBC America, but when I do, they seem to show a commercial for CoE at every break. They are using it as the flagstone for the launch of their HD channel, which shows how popular the show is here in the US. From the looks of the poll, it doesn't seem like it's getting the same push on BBC 1...why move it from BBC 2 if they're just going to treat it like a red-headed step-child?

Unknown said...

http://www.tvgallery.net/thumbnails.php?album=885
i found these really HQ promo images from the third season! found @ tvgallery.net

load-of-tosh said...

I was having the same problems others have described -- namely, the BBC catching on to us non-UK downloaders, and blocking us from the third radio play.

But then I poked around some more, and all I can say is...

http://www.sendspace.com/file/cbqrwl

Enjoy! =)